Sunday, October 3, 2010

Writing #4

So, let's talk about scenery. No, not in your book, while this is important depending on what type of story you are writing, but actual scenery. That's right, I'm talking about our actual surroundings. How they can affect your writing, or if they even do. Let's discuss it, shall we?

Today I decided to read some of my homework for my one class. However, I decided that I needed a change of scenery, so what did I do? I went outside and sat at the pool for about an hour and a half, give or take. But why? Well, I'm not quite sure, but I feel like I felt that I needed a change of scenery. So, now, how does this apply to writing?

In some of ways. Really, I feel that changing your scenery (aka where you write) can affect your inspiration, or, your creativity, maybe both? Who knows. I'm sure there are people who think about it. (Digressing...XD)

Readers, let me ask you a few questions:

1. How many of you sit in front of a desktop computer when you write?
2. How many of you sit in the same room with your laptop to write?
3. How many of you only write at certain places (ex. Living Room, Bedroom, Office, Study, etc.)?

How many of you answered yes, to at least one of those questions? Well, it's okay if you did. There is nothing wrong with that. Honestly!

I like to write in different places. Sure, I have my comfortable spots. Sitting on the couch while watching television is a favorite. =) However, (and Justin can vouch for me on this) I bring a notebook with me everywhere! Or, practically everywhere, even to water parks. Again, Justin can vouch for me on that one). =) I have carried around a notebook with me since high school, I guess. I didn't get a laptop until after I graduated from high school, so I would write in my notebook during school and when I got home I would type what I had written on our family desktop. However, even now, after having a laptop for almost two years, I still write in my notebook. I bring it and write when I'm in the car, when I'm walking around, when I'm waiting in line, etc., etc., etc.

Now, I have some more questions:

4. Do any of you do something like this?
5. Do you carry a notebook with you and write down notes or your story when you are away from your laptop or computer.
6. Do you do something different? Maybe a voice recorder?
7. Want to share your tips? =D

Well, that's it for this post in my "Writing" series. Hope it was interesting enough for you all. I am trying to pick up on my posting. Work is keeping me busy...

And...woo-hoo! First post for the month of October! =D

Current Mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment