Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just a Splash of Color.....

Sometimes when you walk around your home, maybe you are feeling like you need to make a change, but where? It doesn't necessarily always have to be a big change, but even something small can make you feel more inspired.

Not too long ago, I decided to clean our living room and during the process I decided to change the curtains. Before we had these lace-like white curtains and in their place I hung two different colors. I hung sheer, yellow curtains over the windows that face the east and the sunrise, and I hung sheer, blue curtains over the windows that face the west and the sunset. Now, when I wake up in the morning and look out my bedroom door, I see a burst of warm yellow that brightens my morning and helps my day progress smoothly and with cheer, and when I sit on the couch and look out the windows towards the setting sun, the living room is cast in a cool, restful blue, bringing in the evening and helping us all to calm down and relax for the night.

So, not everything has to be a big change, start with something small, and soon you could find courage to take bigger steps. Have fun and find some inspiration this week! Please share any ideas or DIY's that you like or have done to boost yourself up. =)

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment