Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"The Book of Three" by Lloyd Alexander

So, about three weeks ago, roughly, I was at the Book Mobile. The Book Mobile is a great way to get books during the summer. It's a library on wheels and frequents three places around my house so I can easily find them and acquire books to read. Plus, if they don't have a book that I am looking for, I can ask them to find it and they will hold it for me until they return on their next 2 week cycle.

Anyway, the last time I was in the bus they drive around in, I came across the Lloyd Alexander books in his Prydain series. Who knows what that series is? Come on, they made a Disney movie out of it. Well, if you don't know, that's okay. It's the Black Cauldron. And, as I was looking at the book titled, "The Black Cauldron", I realized that I've never read the series, only seen the movie version of it. So, I decided to take out all five books and read it. However, they didn't have a couple of the books, including the first one, which is "The Book of Three". But that's okay, because last week when they came back, they had the books on hold for me and my Mom picked them up while I was working.

So now I am reading the first book in the Prydain series and it is pretty good. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good new read. Of course, I'm only four chapters in, I believe. The main character is, of course, Taran. I always liked him. Hm....I wonder why. Well, later! =D

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment