Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weatherfest

So, I have decided to enter this fest, rather spur of the moment and last minute, of course, my style. Anyway, the following is something that I wrote for my Creative Writing class this past Spring 2010. Um...I wrote it in February during a blizzard-ish snowstorm. Comments would be nice. Critiques welcome as well, as this is my first blogfest. Thanks! =D

Plus I can be sort of skeptic about posting my work on-line. XD So...yeah. XD Anyway, ta-da.>



The Weather

The sky is white, but not a bright white. It is almost a very pale gray. It is late morning and there is a chaotic array of swirling white flakes dancing outside the windows. It is a heavy shower of white, that slips sideways and under, then over and back the other way. It is a waltz of these white flakes. The large and small specks alike mingle together in their peaceful dance through the sky before they slowly settle on the already white and frozen ground from a previous storm.



And...that's it. It's so small compared to everyone else's but this is just my first trial at this sort of thing. Thanks for reading my last-minute entry into the blogfest! =)

6 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with submitting a single paragraph. After a few super long posts, this one will be really appreciated. Nice to see a snow entry that isn't a huge, tense scene. I like how you describe in without going overboard. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! That's pretty much how it looked during the blizzard last winter! Nice description! Also . . .

    "Your work is copyrighted the moment it hits a tangible medium - everything from your scribbles on a peiced of paper to your musings on your Internet blog are protected."

    Saw that recently in the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents. Should ease your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, just a bit, thanks Misty! I'll have to jump on over and read both of your posts soon!

    I had to move to a new apartment today and just got done settling in. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. If you get a chance, stop by my blog to pick up another award from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, thanks for telling her that, Misty. I think I've been trying to tell her that for four years. BUT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO HER BEST FRIEND.

    Thanks for sharing this also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Tara. Must have missed this the first time around. Very nice piece, quite tranquil.

    ReplyDelete