Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Good Place

There are things that I miss about Florida and as the count down draws to an end I can only continue to wait a bit more.


Suprisingly enough I miss the thunderstorms. Ironic, as I am not a big fan of them, but with today's rain (and its absence of thunder and/or lightning) I was only a tad bit disappointed. Even with the thunderstorms we get here at my home, they are not the same. I find that after living in Florida for some time, I miss the strength of the storms there. How, during a really bad storm, the sky can turn black and the lightning, you can actually see it streak and split across the sky. It's really something. Really. And it isn't so bad, to listen to the storm as it rumbles in or as it rumbles out. I prefer the sound of the rain pattering against the stone and windows, and the dull echoes of thunder in the distance, but when it's all up and around, well...I guess it depends. =)


Another thing I miss is the heat. I am not a fan of the cold, and I love the weather in Florida (even when it rains in the middle of the day). Sunshine and heat, that doesn't bother me. Even when there is humidity. As long as it isn't freezing or below freezing (like in the Winter) then I love it. Don't know why, just do.


I miss my friends down there, I miss getting to see them every day. I miss seeing one person in particular. I miss our strolls "around the world" every day we had off (practically). I miss the fireworks we would watch together (even though we had seen them every other night before). I miss the rides and the pushes and shoves I would get just to go on one I wasn't a fan of. I enjoyed trying new things and meeting new people. I miss the company we shared, haha.


BUT! ...Soon, very soon! I will see this person again, and a few other friends I have not seen in almost a year. I think that it will be a very good time, and I cannot wait.


Current Mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment